Benefits of the Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP):
SHARP is an elite group of businesses that maintain exemplary safety and health programs. In addition to being granted an exemption from OSHA programmed inspections for up to 2 years, and subsequent renewal for up to 3 years, you:
• Protect workers from workplace hazards;
• Work with SCATS to identify and implement best practices to protect your workers;
• Develop innovative safety and health programs.
CREATE A CULTURE
• Create a better working environment;
• Boost worker morale by involving workers;
• Improve communication at the workplace.
BUILD A REPUTATION
• Receive official recognition from DIR/SCATS;
• Become a leader in your industry;
• Attract skilled workers looking for a safe and healthy workplace.SHRP
• Lower worker compensation premiums;
• Improve your worker retention;
• Reduce worker days away from work.
How can my small business participate in SHARP?
• Request a full safety and health consultation visit from SCATS;
• Involve employees in the consultation process;
• Correct all hazards identified by the consultant;
• Implement and maintain effective safety and health programs.
• Maintain your company’s accident and injury rates below the national average for your industry.
• Have a minimum of one year operating history.
• Permit the company’s name to be used in the publicity and recognition activities of the program.
What if my small business is not quite ready for SHARP?
If you meet most but not all of the SHARP eligibility criteria and are committed to working toward SHARP approval, you may be recommended for Pre-SHARP status. Pre-SHARP allows time to fully implement effective safety and health programs. During this time, you are granted a deferral from OSHA programmed inspections. You have up to 18 months to achieve SHARP status. SCATS’ consultants will assist you during Pre-SHARP.
Full SHARP Status:
|Komatsu Equipment||Elko, NV||02/02/17||02/02/20|
|Suncoast Hotel & Casino||Las Vegas, NV||02/07/17||02/07/20|
|Komatsu Equipment||Sparks, NV||02/19/17||04/01/20|
|Western Metals Recycling||Sparks, NV||05/6/17||05/01/20|
|Pape Machinery||Reno, NV||09/22/17||05/30/20|
|Tantus Inc.||Sparks, NV||05/12/17||06/01/20|
|Do It Best Corporation||Mesquite, NV||05/16/17||05/16/20|
|Tamarack Junction Casino||Reno, NV||06/01/17||06/01/20|
|Royal Springs Healthcare & Rehab||Las Vegas, NV||04/30/17||04/30/20|
|Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall||Las Vegas, NV||05/30/17||05/30/20|
|Harris Rebar Las Vegas||Las Vegas, NV||09/20/17||09/20/20|
|Maxton Manufacturing Company||Minden, NV||12/09/17||12/09/20|
|Reno/Stead Water Reclamation Facility||Reno, NV||12/05/17||12/05/20|
|Harris Rebar Inc.||Carson City, NV||01/15/16||01/15/18|
|Starbucks Roasting Facility||Minden, NV||02/01/16||02/01/18|
|Aramark Uniform Services||Reno, NV||03/15/16||03/15/18|
|Boyd Gaming Laundry||Henderson, NV||01/28/16||01/28/19|
|Tripp Enterprises||Sparks, NV||03/01/16||03/01/19|
|Gold Coast Hotel and Casino||Las Vegas, NV||03/30/16||03/30/19|
|Basalite Concrete Products||Carson City, NV||05/01/16||05/01/19|
|Fort Dearborn Company||Sparks, NV||05/01/16||05/01/19|
|The Orleans Hotel and Casino||Las Vegas, NV||04/07/16||04/07/19|
|Cashman Equipment Company||Winnemucca, NV||08/03/16||08/03/18|
|Komatsu Equipment Company||North Las Vegas, NV||07/06/16||07/06/18|
|Eldorado Casino||Henderson, NV||08/01/16||08/01/19|
|RHP Mechanical Systems||Reno, NV||07/25/16||07/25/19|
|Cashman Equipment Company||Elko, NV||09/01/16||09/01/18|
|Canvas Pop, LLC||Las Vegas, NV||08/06/16||08/06/19|
|Main Street Hotel and Casino||Las Vegas, NV||07/01/16||07/01/19|
|California Hotel and Casino||Las Vegas, NV||07/01/16||07/01/19|
|Jokers Wild Casino||Henderson, NV||11/06/16||11/06/19|
|American Buildings Company||Carson City, NV||10/25/16||10/25/19|
|Fremont Hotel & Casino||Las Vegas, NV||12/22/16||12/22/19|
|Ocean Spray Cranberries||Henderson, NV||11/30/16||11/30/18|
|Helix Electric of Nevada||Henderson, NV||11/21/16||11/21/18|
|Nature's Bakery||Carson City, NV||01/01/17||01/01/19|
|Cashman Equipment Company||Henderson, NV||08/06/16||08/06/18|
|Establishment Name||Location||Exemption End Date|
|Haws Corporation||Sparks, NV||08/31/18|
|Dairy Farmers of America||Fallon, NV||01/01/19|
|Nature's Bakery Distribution Center||Reno, NV||02/28/19|
|Gold Dust West||Elko, NV||01/01/18|
|Burrows Paper Corporation||Reno, NV||03/02/19|